Capt. Tony Carrizosa is the top captain in the south Pacific. His extensive travels have taken him from the Northeast USA to the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, South America, Central America Caribbean and Pacific, Eastern Pacific Ocean from Panama to California. No other captain has recorded more wins in the highly competitive Los Sueños Tournament series.
He resides in Costa Rica’s Central Pacific coast in Playa Herradura. He is currently the tournament Captain on the Viking/Galati Demo 66 “Team Galati.” He is also a salesman for Galati Yachts representing Central America.
*1998-2005 crew aboard Cat’s Meow, 43 Merritt, for Giant Bluefin migration in Bimini, Bahamas during the months of May-June.
*Dec 1999-July 2000 crew aboard “Sharkey’s Revenge.” Fished Venezuela, Mexico, and St Thomas.
*August 2000-April 2008 crew aboard “Stephanie Lee” 63 American Custom Yacht. Captain of vessel from July 2001- April 2008.
*August 2008-March 2012 captain aboard “Game On” 2009 50 Viking in Costa Rica.
1. First place Leg 1 2007 Los Sueños Signature Series, Costa Rica billfish tournament.
2. Overall winner 2007 Los Suenos Signature Series, Costa Rica billfish tournament.
3. First place 2007 Mazatlan El Cid billfish tournament
4. Third Place 2009 Leg 2 Los Sueños Signature series Billfish tournament Costa Rica
5. First place Leg 2 2011 Los Sueños Signature Series, Costa Rica billfish tournament
6. First place 2011 Emerald Coast Billfish tournament Destin Fl.
7. First place 2012 Quepos Billfish Tournament, Quepos Costa Rica
8. Captained Saundra McMurray to women’s 6# Striped Marlin IGFA world record in Feb 2002 in Costa Rica 226.5#. Remains the existing world record.
9.Second place 2013 Leg 1 Los Suenos Signature series Billfish tournament Costa Rica
10. First place Leg 2 2014 Los Sueños Triple Crown Series Costa Rica
11. First Place Leg 2 2015 Los Sueños Triple Crown Series Costa Rica